Mark completed his Masters of Real Estate Development (MREV) in December. He worked really hard for 18 straight months to attend class full-time and keep Alice at home on the days I went to work. I'm proud of the way he juggled things well enough to have a great GPA and become a really good daddy to our girl. Mark has been on the job hunt for quite a while and figured that 2012 would be a realistic start to his new career since classes are complete and his full time is available to work.
In about twelve hours Mark will report to work on Monday morning for an architecture firm in DC to manage the detailing of the exterior facade of a medical office building for the next six weeks. After that time it looks promising that he will begin rehabilitating row houses in Baltimore with a local investor. It's as if God's heard all of our requests for provision, job, stability, etc then waited until (what feels like) the last minute to provide. Two weeks ago someone asked us what 2012 would look like and the only answer I had was that we are adding a son to our family. Now I feel like we might be here a while longer and I like the idea. We've made friends with some families we really enjoy. This region of the country seems to have more job opportunities than places farther South, where we instinctively wish we could be.
My goal is to appreciate the good things God has for us NOW and not wish away these days. I don't know what's next or how long this will last but I do know that God walks with us daily and Mark's recent employment is proof that he's listening and will use his own timing.
No comments:
Post a Comment