Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year's fun

We had dinner at Mark's cousin's, the Setons, on New Year's Night. I never knew I love grits & greens until that night! It was fun to see the kids enjoy each other and know the adults do too.

 Little River Canyon National Preserve is a beautiful section of Northeast Alabama with waterfalls, canyons and the Little Rivers that runs atop Lookout Mountain. We drove the ridge on New Year's Eve and got out so check the views along the beautiful, winding road that ended near Fort Payne, AL. Mark and I didn't know this type of terrain exists in Alabama and look forward to another easy road trip from my parents' house when we can go back and really hike some of the trails.


we chose an easy hike because Mark's girls aren't up for strenuous these days :)

Pearson took Alice for her first ride on January 1st and she LOVED it. We loved getting to see Laura and Darrell, and meet their newest babe, sweet little Philip.

No comments: