

My Husband the Seamstress sound like a funny title, so I attributed him with another well-deserved adjective that somehow seems more masculine: Designer. He's already a talented architect, furniture maker, vegetable gardener, and now he's added sewing to his
repertoire. I drug him to the fabric store this Fall and he picked out this great-looking plaid. He created a pattern with newspaper, made a model pullover out of cheap fabric to learn the tricks of inserting sleeves, and finally started with his original idea. I didn't sew a stitch for him and he did such a good job. He matched the plaids and created an interesting side closure for extra detail. I'm so impressed!
7 comments:
I'm completely {for once in my life} speechless!
And your comment had me laughing uncontrolably. Obviously Emalee is very close to Erika on my gmail list! :)
As one who has matched plaid--without a side closure--I am so impressed with Mark's technical expertise. And the shirt looks great, too. Go, Mark!!
I am impressed.
I just don’t know… Kirk is making home-made pie crusts for his pies and Mark is sewing his clothes. All the boys are showing me up!
WOW!!!
Your favorite mother-in-law
Excellent!
Tell Mark that he should be on the next Project Runway!-katie
Post a Comment