Monday, March 15, 2010

It has rained and poured

It's Monday afternoon and we've had non-stop rain since late Friday night. I just checked and March has had 5.3" of rain with 1.97" on Sunday alone. Yesterday our apartment had 6 distinct spots where water was coming in. . .the french doors and skylight turned into gushers. Today we're only dealing with the back doors and our landlord is on the way with caulk and plastic tarps. Maybe that'll save me from drying towels to rotate in front of the doors to sop it up. Jackson is antsy as can be because he hates going out in the rain. (Mark's a little antsy too. Thank goodness for our gym membership!)

There's a little silver lining: I did some fun quilting Saturday during the storm. This was a true Nor'easter but it wasn't snow. We had friends over for brunch on Sunday. Maybe this wet weather will make Spring come a little faster.

I live in a metro area devoid of Christian radio. Sometimes I need the encouragement while I'm cruising highways in an attempt to sell x-ray equipment. I've heard John Hiatt's Have a Little Faith In Me lately on the radio and it's been just what I needed. I've made the title a link to the song so you can listen. This song, coupled with today's Daily Bread from Romans 8:31-39 remind me that God's on our side in all circumstances. I need to hear that today (and probably tomorrow).

No comments: