Pictures near the campsite:
fall leaves are starting to change in Quebec
Will you leave a comment if you know what these flowers are called?
mighty dog
The barns are often blue here and I really like it!
vineyard view
vineyard-keepers house
morning mist over the fields
the field made we want to sing "The hills are alive. . ." like the Sound of Music *click here
Mark and I hiked the trails
the view from our sleeping bags
Like our upgraded tent?
Mark tried my idea of sleeping without the air mattress and it didn't work out very well. We went to sleep at 10pm, he was up at 1:30am and tried sleeping in our camping chairs, at 3:00am he tried the car to sleep in, and at 5:30am he hiked up to the shower house to fill the air mattress and drug it down the hill to sleep in the tent. I didn't know any of this was going on because I was totally zonked out in my sleeping bag on the ground mat in the tent :). He woke up at 7:30am a little sore, tight back, and scratchy throat from sleeping in the cold. We did discover better campsites on the meadow that we'd pick over our wooded lot. I think he had a good time, but you'll have to ask him about it.
We really enjoyed the scenery. It felt like I was back in Schladming, Austria. The hill we were on could see layer upon layer of mountain ranges. The cows were wooly and cut out for alpine living. It was in the 40s at night and about 65 degrees during the day. The people were kind and said "Bonjour" as we passed by. Our hikes reminded me of hours spent on trails around Tauernhof. It made me realize, again, how fortunate I was to have spent time there.
1 comment:
Oh wow- how wonderful- what a treat to share your adventures via words & pics. I would love to follow in your footsteps there. Thanks so much.
Post a Comment