Sunday, September 7, 2008

Camping in Maine




For Labor Day weekend, we traveled up to Maine and went camping.  We camped in a town called Phippsburg just north of Portland, Maine.  We stopped in Freeport and visited the LL Bean store.  Emalee convinced me to buy a down coat for the winter.  The LLBean facility is really neat with several different buildings around a town square.  We also stopped in Portland and visited the boutique shops.  Portland is the largest city in Maine but reminded me more of Asheville, North Carolina.  On Sunday we went kayaking for a couple of hours on a double kayak.  We had alot of fun once we figured out how to use the rudder on the boat.  It was much easier after that.   The weather in New England is really great this time of year - 70's in the evenings and 50's at night.  This also makes for great camping weather.  We also had $4 a lb lobster at the campground - I don't eat lobster often but this was really good.

2 comments:

George Stegall said...

The fact that you mixed lobster and camping together is somewhat amusing to me. I would love to do this with yall sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit envious, but I'm so happy that I can enjoy your adventures vicariously- thanks to the wonderful world of blogging! Your Labor Day trip sounds so great.
Bert, Jessica, Caleb & I went to Sky Valley- it was great too :-).