Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recent Routine

 I often feel like we've had busy days at our house but when I describe them it sounds like a joke to any mom who has kids with homework in school and sports or other activities. This first quarter in our house has been an adjustment in so many ways. This is my first time to stay at-home full time with two kids while running and maintaining a house. I sometimes feel like an idiot for not knowing how to menu plan, clean or cook around the kids' eating and napping schedules. Thankfully, this week I got together with 3 other friends who have kids in elementary and we shared menu planning strategies, meal ideas and menus. I definitely took more than I gave but walked away so grateful to learn from their experience. My general outlook on life is organized and methodical so i'm sure I can get into the swing of it with a little practice and concentration at home.

Our life these days?
7am breakfast, Mark to work, Sawyer's morning nap, snack, playroom games, lunch, afternoon naps for both kids (wishful!), outside to the "daffodil field" behind our house with balls or bubbles, snacks, come inside to get dinner together, Mark home, eat together, baths, stories and songs, bedtime for children, time with Mark/computer/tv/reading. ---->throw in some daytime play dates, grocery or Costco runs, walks to the playground, about 2 visits to the fitness center, church and call it a week!

Alice is allowed in the back yard by herself because it's fenced well. She recently managed to unlock the 2-step gate lock and crawl up to open it back to re-enter the backyard so we can't catch her. She's smart!






No comments: