These are trying times at the Holmes house. Alice is getting bigger every day and with that come major and minor milestones. She hopped out of her crib for the first time last week and so Alice now has a toddler bed she can get in and out of at will. Naps have suffered and so has my sanity. I put up two baby gates across her door so I could do a little yard work in the warmth on Monday. She broke through and walked out the front door looking for me. She's not old enough for such freedom! I keep telling her to stay on her purple carpet and tonight's picture shows that something is sinking in (at least at night). I haven't moved her to her bed. . .and she just started whimpering as I type.
I've been dreading one her entire life: losing the pacifier (aka Nuk). That happened the week before she moved to the "children's bed". Mark snipped off the tip of the Nuk and Alice asked who broke it. "I don't know" I said. Alice's exact response, "A mean girl with no kindness in her heart broke it and her mama had to spank her." Where does she come up with this stuff??! I painted her fingernails with "No Bite" so she would switch to fingers when she wants her Nuk. Do you see in the picture above that she still keeps in there with nasty taste to satisfy what she misses so much. The early crying fits for her Nuk have turned to strong requests for singing or snuggling to keep her quiet.
Some parts of our day are a real delight. We had a fancy dress up tea party with "the girls" during Sawyer's nap this week.
2 comments:
Bless her little heart-and her Mama's too!
Oh yikes... I'm about to do both of those transitions with Elizabeth Joy (and potty train....)
Poor mom and Alice! Becoming a big girl is hard!
Post a Comment