
Sawyer Wesley Holmes born 2/28/2012 at 6:09am
8 pounds, 13 ounces and 22 inches
At 4:00am I told Mark we needed to go to the hospital in the next hour or two. Within 30 minutes the contractions picked up speed and our sweet friend, Kate, came over at 5:15am to stay with sleeping Alice. Mark drove very quickly to the hospital and we arrived about 5:30/5:40. My contractions were PAINFUL and about 2 minutes apart. My midwife checked me and said "It's time to have this baby. Push." I promptly said NO WAY until the epidural arrived :)
Ten minutes later Sawyer was born au natural and he and I are both doing so well. I can't believe I joined the "crazy club" my little sister belongs to by having natural childbirth. I feel great--sitting up, eating, nursing, changing diapers, showering, etc. He's surprising quiet, has a bit of dark fluffy hair, and looks very similar to his sister. We enjoy him already. More pictures to come!
3 comments:
WOW!!!! That was FAST girl!!! Beautiful family! Congrats!
So excited for you!!!!
Welcome, Sawyer! Congratulations to you all! Can't wait to meet him in person.
Praise God for this wonderful blessing!
Post a Comment