Thursday, September 1, 2011

More for my Mama

Our Atlanta trip had another great perk - getting to see my parents. It's challenging to have three people look in the same direction and this is our best attempt from wedding day pictures of my parents and Alice.

Mama was due to have another round of monthly chemotherapy last week and got tough news: her tumors are not responding to current treatment and a new one popped up in the last month. She's a potential candidate for a new treatment type and we are praying/wishing/hoping that this is the the right combination to kill her cancer cells. I feel like I could cry at any moment about Mama being sick, but then I look at the picture above and realize those tumors were all there then. We loved our time at brunch with them Sunday after the wedding and would never have guessed more malignancies were with us. Mama's attitude is faithful, mostly peaceful (at least to her children's eyes), and willing to fight.

Please pray the doctors find the right cocktail of medication to wipe out Mama's cancer. Pray her foot heals quickly so the cast can come off in a month without complication. Pray she has peace daily and is able to enjoy her retirement that starts later this month. She's dear to so many of us and I'm glad to know she's got support from her friends locally, far off and her entire family.

1 comment:

lasyoung said...

Agreeing with you in prayer-thanks for the report & pics:-) xo