Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's the Little Things

 Today a few little things happened that seem to make life better:
**We extended our lease and that means a summer without packing and moving. We enjoy many things about our life in Maryland and I'm glad to stay put. Our place has felt cramped but we moved around a few things and it feels safer, more efficient, and easier to live in.
**I went to Ikea and bought a toy organizer today and put it together in only 40 minutes. That's got to be an Ikea-assembly record! Everything looked organized and better contained. Alice then woke up and look at what happened in the following 5-10 minutes. That girl can play!!
**I got a haircut today and feel lighter. Verdict is still out on how it looks, but it sure feels better.
**I made hummus tonight and ate it with a beautiful red bell pepper. I've given up sweets for a few weeks (insanely hard, which means likely necessary) because I'm expecting a bridesmaid's dress to arrive this month and don't know if it'll fit without giving up some sweets.
**Alice has been clinging and whining most of this week. Her playing and eating have been pretty good. She's also been rubbing her right ear and sleeping poorly. It took me a few days but I realized, correctly, that she's got an ear infection. Hopefully the "bubble gum medicine" will cure her ear infection, let her rest, and restore our happy 11 month old to us before her birthday!
**Mark has taken up fly fishing and got away last weekend with a friend and a guide in western Maryland. If he's on your birthday list I recommend Bass Pro Shop. . .Don't tell him I already got his Father's Day gift for the fisherman in him.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Wow, Alice looks so much like your baby pics to me!