| not sure what to think of the cold |
| Alice LOVES mint chocolate chip ice cream! |
Alice has brought such joy to our lives. Tonight, officially Monday, at about 3:00am Alice will be one. We'll have a party this weekend for Mark and Alice in NC at our family reunion. Her early days as Alicorous screeching have turned into almost constant chatter. Few words are understandable but that doesn't stop her. She started walking almost two weeks ago and has an adventurous spirit with her new mobility. Alice loves to play independently, dives head first into her book bin, lights up with a big smile when she sees Daddy, loves being outside in the grass, grabs for Jackson's collar every chance she gets, and treasures remote controls like they're gold.
It's a delight seeing Mark thrive as an excellent father for our girl. He didn't get a dedicated Father's Day post but totally deserves the recognition. They play, go on walks, make funny faces at meals, snuggle together in a chair, splash in the pool and chatter to each other every day. Alice is lucky to have a father who is so involved every day and I'm thrilled to see my husband as a loving daddy.

5 comments:
Happy birthday sweet girl! We love you and can't wait to see you!!
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Mr. Holmes is getting her trained right with the ice cream. I can just see a night time ritual of father and daughter sharing bowls of ice creamand chatting!
Can hardly believe I once wore that coat!
Tell Alice Happy Birthday for Poppy and GiGi. We would have call at 3:00 AM this morning, but I don’t think Alice would have enjoyed it.
Let’s do a video chat tonight. I will try to be home early, before Alice goes to sleep.
Every one of these pictures is a treasure, Em and M. What a great first-year album Alice will have! Katherine, Amelia, and Peyton love to see themselves in the grandkids album on our coffee table. Going through it is a ritual whenever they come to visit. Kids are such little narcissists. The trick is finding a positive way to feed their egos--like the wonderful life story album you two have compiled for sweet Alice's first year!
What a precious child! She is just adorable and I know y'all are so proud. I know we are! Any suggestions for Mark's b'day?
Elizabeth
Post a Comment