Monday, May 24, 2010

Around our house. . .

Will & Jenny in San Francisco are expecting another son (baby #4) in September. Will sent shirts for my major quilt project and I put them to use a little differently. I made a baby quilt for my nephew and sent it to them last week. It was my first time to follow a quilt pattern and I hope the love in making it comes through to their little guy.




The picture below is my normal routine with the dog, I sit on the steps in the morning and he comes to sit by me and watch over the fence as the neighborhood wakes. Thankfully, Mark's getting better and better about taking Jackson out so I don't have to "hike" the stairs as much.


Jackson could be a racquetball champion. . .he loves to catch it on the bounce in our "yard".



Mark's getting really excited to meet Alice. I'm only on Facebook every week or two and checked Mark's page this weekend. It brought a smile to my face. His status two weeks ago:

"My daughter will be born in the next few weeks. I can't wait. Pray that everything will go smoothly." Isn't he sweet? He's made funny comments about how surprising it is to have a daughter. He never pictured his life with anything but boys and is thrilled to have a girl on the way. I get up in the middle of the night and he always rouses, slightly, to ask if I'm okay. He recently said he wants a brown eyed daughter. I think that would call my character into question because we BOTH have blue eyes. Mark says it's a possibility because his grandparents had brown eyes. I look forward to seeing him as a daddy. I think he'll be great!

5 comments:

catherine said...

I love the quilt!!! i am so impressed! Sweet words about Mark. You will both be great parents.

lasy said...

Oh Em- that quilt is a beautiful creative labor of love- I LOVE the idea of it, and the way it looks.
Jackson is so great :-).
I love many things about FB- Mark's comments are wonderful.

Kelmit said...

Lovely quilt, Emalee! Mark is a sweetie.

Mama Ann said...

I love reading your blog entries with Leigh Ann. That quilt is good work. I bet Will's family feels the love.

Unknown said...

emalee and i said congratulations she is a darling we cant get over how big she is.