Sunday, October 18, 2009

Campton NH weekend

This weekend Mark and I rented a house with some friends about 2 hours north of Boston in Campton, NH. It felt a lot like Sky Valley--great mountains, heated swimming pools, hiking, streams, ponds and skiing in the winter. We took a 4 mile hike along a loop that had amazing views about 70% of the time. We saw the Franconian ridge, Waterville ski area, Presidential Mountain range and more. There was a very interesting 70 year old man who joined our group, knew the terrain well and had fun stories to make the steep granite rock faces less noticable. 



On the way back this afternoon is snowed and snowed. This is the second time in October I've seen snow. I hope this doesn't foreshadow our winter season!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I recall NO heated pools in Sky Valley. I DO recall an ice cold pool. Looks like a gorgeous place!