This weekend I decided to explore my inner fisherman. I grew up fishing in my grandfather's ponds in Alabama. I caught Bass, catfish, and Brim. I decided to do some exploring and found a pond at a state reservation about 30 minutes outside of town. I caught two pickerel which for the southern folk - is a fish in the pike family. Its kind of a small breed of northern pike. I had to read up on it myself. I local fisherman told me what it was after I described it to him. The second day, saturday, I found another pond that had some great bass. I caught three bass on limetruesse colored zoom worm. I had never fished much with plastic worms but I watched a guy in Bass Pro Shop that showed how to fish with them. I guess I have had better luck with them since.
I get a lot of pleasure from simple things. I guess fishing is one of them. Swimming in the ocean waves is another. When I find a good pond or two, I could stay all day. Its very relaxing and quiet. I think a recession has been good in a lot of ways. It has allowed several people I know get back to realizing the important things in life and realizing that work does not make you who you are. I guess my half days on fridays have been put to good use.
1 comment:
Em & Jackson on the grass bored?
Never- they were just enjoying the moment and thinking of the next creative project....
Lovely places-
Post a Comment