Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's going on?

Mark's got spring fever and has seedlings sprouting in our bathroom window. I'm not sure where they'll all go in the ground!
I plan to make some baby doll quilts for my favorite girls. If you've got experience with a walking presser foot please call me! I'm only piecing patches right now.
I've also been knitting washcloth sized pieces to make a patched blanket. Check with me next year. This project isn't going very quickly. 
I made matching cafe curtains for our bedroom. 
I love the fabric of this butterfly. I'm sending it to my favorite 3 year old niece for her birthday. I bet she'll love it :). Her mama makes cool stuff too, but she's not Auntie Em!
And on Monday I start my new job. I feel like I've moved from the JV squad with MID to Varsity with Carestream Health. It's more responsibility, bigger quota, a broader portfolio of imaging products, better benefits, and more prestigious hospitals. I think it will be a fun challenge. I'm not sure where the craft projects of the last few weeks will fit into the schedule but i'm sure there will be a little room for my craftiness. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new job. I know you will do well.

Darby said...

Emalee... Love the seedlings... he'll probably have to transplant those one more time before putting them in the ground. Mine were on the brink of death after just a couple weeks in those peat cups. But aren't seeds so fun!? And I'm so excited about your little doll quilt!! The hardest part about using a walking foot is getting it on the machine. Once it's on... you're set!!! And YouTube has a TON of video tutorials on quilting!! CHeck it out!

Anonymous said...

SO excited that your job is so great. I can't wait to hear all about it when I get to see you in July! Can you make a squirrel out of fabric? I LOVE that butterfly, maybe you can teach me someday. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh joy- you make the heart of a Family & Consumer Sciences(formerly known as Home Economics) teacher glad:-), and inspired:-). Good work! xo LA