Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good things

Good things are happening around the Holmes' household:
1. We sold our Toyota today. 
That was my first car to drive in the decade we live in. I was so proud and it served me, and later Mark, very well.
2. Our building sold.
I was concerned that we might receive a 60 day notice any day now. I found out we won't be rushed out any time soon. The new owner of 395 Marlborough will wait 1-2 years before gutting the place. I'm relieved.
3. Jackson is on the mend. 
Our vet estimates 1-2 visits because his wounds are healing nicely. Thanks for the prayers. I'm so relieved he doesn't need surgery!
4. We booked a great hotel for Thanksgiving in Montreal, Canada.
5. The Gators are playing well this season.
That makes Mark happy.
6. Will, Jenny and kids are in the States to stay.
 I'm thrilled that we can call without having to consider a 13 hour time difference. Welcome back, we're SO GLAD.
7. I'm reading a book I really enjoy, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
I love getting so wrapped up in a book that time slips by.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun that you are coming to Canada for Thanksgiving! Wish it was closer to us. Miss you guys.

Jenny said...

Thanks! We are thrilled to be back!

Helen said...

Those are the best kinds of books. I'll have to check that one out... I've never heard of it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway!!

We lived in southern NH before we moved to TX. I love the New England pics on your blog!