Friday, August 22, 2008

poor Jackson

Poor Jackson's in bad shape. Mark tied him up to a post outside the public library to return some books quickly. When he came out Jackson got spooked and ran off. The post wasn't strong and went along for the run with our dog. Scary. Some guys caught our speed racer on Newbury St.
The result? Jackson broke part of his back right paw. To add insult to injury they gave him a PINK cast. He's supposed to wear the "lampshade" for the next 6+ weeks while he wears the splint. After 3 hours of crying last night because he couldn't sleep with the lampshade I wrapped his splint in aluminum foil (so he wouldn't chew it) and we all got some rest.
I am sad we cannot go on walks together. He's on pain meds and might sleep the next 6 weeks! Please pray he heals without needing to have his paw pinned.


3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh no! His poor little face loooks so sad! I hope he doesn't need a pin! Poor guy...

Darby said...

Emalee, He looks so pathetic... bless his sweet little soul. I can see why he couldn't sleep!! I'm glad the foil did the trick! Happy & Quick Healing to Jackson!

Jenny said...

oh no! poor little guy! we do like the pink cast if that is any consolation!!!