Two weeks ago I took a vacation day for my niece Aubrey's birth and 10 year reunion in Birmingham. It was a full weekend with lots of family time mixed with friend time from high school. I love my nieces and enjoyed some quiet conversations with my sister while the baby ate. I'm glad to know that the 20 year reunion is better than the 10 year, though seeing a few folks was a real delight. It was good to be in Birmingham but it wasn't a relaxing "vacation" like most people think of.
Yesterday I traveled to western Mass. for work (with co-worker Abbie) calling on hospitals, imaging centers and veterinary practices along the way to the Berkshire Mountains area. There aren't many chain hotels so we decided to stay at The Inn at Laurel Lakes in Lee, MA. THAT was my vacation. The B&B was built in the 1880s overlooking Laurel Lake. I took the paddle boat out before dinner and sat listening to the lapping of water and stillness around me. Ahhhhhhh. Then I got a 1/2 hour massage. Ahhhhh. We ate a great dinner followed by homemade ginger ice cream with caramel sauce. Ahhhh. This morning we had homemade breakfast of eggs, Bear Swamp potatoes, fresh fruit plus there were muffins, oatmeal, waffles, sausage, etc all made by the Inn owner and family. Ahhh. On the company dime, ah.
I am so glad to be home to see my husband. I want to take him back with me. Not sure what we'd do with our dog with the bum leg. Oh well, one night out for work has revived me.
2 comments:
Are you kidding me!! Is that place for real? It looks beautiful. I want to go. I need the info.
Reading about it revived me!Ahhh- thanks :-). What a delightful rendition of a delightful time.xo
Post a Comment