Sawyer's first flight he remembers was a funny play-by-play at take off and landing.
I was astounded by my mom's weakness, poor appetite, long hours sleeping and limited conversation when we came to visit on Friday. I'm so thankful for what a good job my dad keeps doing as he loves, cares, protects, and helps Mama. I was glad to have Alice and Aubrey join me singing Great Is Thy Faithfulness, Amazing Grace, and Jesus Loves Me with Mimi mouthing along. Alice pulled me aside and said that she was so sad that Mimi needed to sleep so much because that meant she was very sick. Sweet girl.
Today on the way to school Alice and Sawyer were talking about how they can't wait for Christmas.
me: Why?
them: Because we can get presents from our Amazon Wish List
**yes, they add all year and by now it's getting very long!
me: Christmas is about Jesus and the gift God gave us, not about presents we get. Can you think of a present you could give someone else that would bring them great joy?
Sawyer: but we don't have any money.
me: you could give them a picture, drawing, something you've made, sing a special song, let me help you bake a special treat they would enjoy, or save your money and buy something small for them
Alice: like when we sang to Mimi this week. She really loved it and that was a gift we gave her to make her happy.
I feel like crying more now than I have in months. I left Mama in such a bad state. I'm grateful to hear she's more clear-headed these last two days and able to eat. I hate to see her suffer and don't understand this part of her cancer battle. I know the hope of heaven is with her and us but this sickness on Earth is sad to see. Please continue to pray for both of my parents at this time.
1 comment:
Oh, Emalee. I am so sorry to hear she is suffering.
It must have brought such joy for you to all be there.
I think of her still as such a vivacious and warm person. She will always be the one who helped me with my first major sewing project! Along with you, of course.
Much love,
Mary (& David, & Teddy too)
Post a Comment