Thursday, September 8, 2016

Helping Mama in AL

This week school started for Alice but last week I was able to get away by myself to help Daddy and Mama. I never expected to go out to lunch with Mama ever again and was pleasantly surprised to take her out to lunch twice, do a little shopping, and even get a manicure together. I was so happy to be a real help, spend time with my mom while she was clear headed and strong enough to enjoy it. Her strength is waning now but I have memories of being filled up during our time together. Next week she celebrates her 67th birthday :). Continued prayers for strength for both Mama and Daddy during the days ahead. . .
 
Meeting Shannon's baby Forrest with Mama.  I was so touched when she "saved her energy to see Shannon" on our day out. 

Daddy asked Mama on a driving date one night. 


Fresh southern lunch with Mimi and the Squires at Brick & Tin in Mountain Brook


No comments: