on butterfly life cycle:
"first you have a caterpillar, then you have a fly, then a butterfly"
passing a stretch limousine:
"It must take a lot of lemons to make a lemon-zine"
on our move:
"Can we take all our stuff with us this time?" (remembering our disaster move to SC!)
on serving sizes at breakfast (reflecting his Spanish-speaking school days):
"I want GRANDE bacon, Mama"
on wanting a baby:
S: Mama, when we move to Virginia can we have a baby? We have a extra room for it.
me: Why do you want a baby?
S: so I can hold it
me: but they grow, buddy
S: Oh, that's okay, actually. Then I can play with him.
_______________________________________
(on the ride home from school)
S: Mama, I want a baby in our family. Will you pray for it now?
me: Uh, okay. I pray, but don't ask for a baby--just thanking God for making us, etc. Amen.
S: So now do you have a baby in your belly?
1 comment:
I love it. 4 yr olds are wild & wonderful indeed. I'm glad you do such a good job noting these things for later years. :). xoxo
Post a Comment