Our sweet girl started kindergarten today with joy on her face and in her heart! The whole family walked her in to school after our new-normal early breakfast. She road the bus home, despite being a little afraid, and came off with a 5K crown, shining smile, and "School was GREAT today, Mommy!" Sawyer and I took her out for hot chocolate and a treat to celebrate and hear all about it. She notices so many details! (read her quotes below)
Mrs. Eaves is so nice. When she's upset she still uses pleasant words and voice. I made a new friend but I don't know her name. Can I not bring PBJs because the girl next to me is allergic to peanuts and I still want to sit next to her. Most of the girls have blond hair. The computer teacher is really good and I loved it. The whole school must eat when we do because the cafeteria was so full! I loved dancing to rock'n'roll music in class with my teacher. I didn't expect to read books in the morning before the bell. No one in my class bought their lunch. We played in the front playground and some girls even played house with me.
I'm a little sad to miss afternoon conversations and reading books on the bed with Alice. Now OTHER people will get more of her waking hours than I will! Another part of me is so delighted to have some hours to myself. I am so proud of her kindness, enthusiasm to try new things, and good attitude. I bet this will be fun :)

No comments:
Post a Comment