Alice is having a really hard time with her tubes, tonsils & adenoids surgery last week, though it's all considered "normal" according to the ENT. Alice feels rotten and barely eats or drinks. She wakes like her newborn-self every three hours but it's pain meds, not milk, that she needs. It breaks my heart to see her pale, limp, in pain and hungry. Some afternoons she's perked up for a few hours before asking for an early bedtime.
I've read 500+ pages of Laura Ingalls Wilder books in the last five days. We've started a "drinking game" so Alice will hydrate. She has to drink every time I turn the page. Hours of reading only gets us to about 3-4 ounces of water, but at least her throat isn't drying out. We've finished Plum Creek, Long Winter, and begun Happy Golden Years since last week. . .I find myself talking like Ma or Pa I've read so much about them recently!
Sawyer's said he was "sick" the last two days but I thought it was only to get a serving of ice cream like his sister. Turns out, Sawyer's antibiotics for strep that ended just 12 days ago weren't strong enough to stop a raging ear infection from developing. So now he's on something new--strep free but bad ear infection in one ear.
Pray this all resolves quickly. . .
![]() |
| never too sick to play trains |
![]() |
| even the dolls are resting and reading around here |


1 comment:
Oh bless your heart- I just read this & hadn't realized you'd had so much sickness lately. So sorry. You are a creative, strong & loving mother & nurse!
Post a Comment