Sunday, December 14, 2014

O Christmas Tree

Mark and I had a cedar tree our first Christmas in our first house in Decatur, GA only because it was in a bad spot in our yard so we cut it down in December. It was a nice tree, my first real tree, but I'd almost forgotten about it until this year.
 
This year Mark was so excited to buy a real tree, decorate, and enjoy a much longer stay in our home over the holidays since we don't have to travel as far to see family. I saw a good deal on trees at Costco and had them toss one in the minivan after a visit to the ENT. Easy, stress-free, 8 foot tree DONE. Mark was mortified that I didn't have them unwrap the tree, inspect for fullness, needle-drop, etc. I did not know that was necessary! Mark's mom made the ordeal a much longer, involved family affair going from lot to lot for the perfect shape and size. We're pleased with the outcome and Mark was amazed by the process.
 
Alice and Sawyer LOVE to decorate. Anything "fancy" is a favorite for Alice. Sawyer likes the ridged balls he calls "pumpkins". I love the Austrian felt and straw ornaments I got the Christmas before we married while living in Schladming. Mark's made garlands and window swags. We're excited to celebrate our first Christmas morning in our own home, ever!
 
 
 
 

 
We had the added fun of decorating Mimi & Grandaddy's tree over Thanksgiving. Alice said it was, "The best fun ever!"

  



1 comment:

LA said...

Lovely report! xo