I I found some fun pictures on a computer of our last days in Maryland. Playgrounds, church, summer days. .
Oh, the move. What a disaster. Here are the highlights:
** Mark stress-fractured his ankle about 10 days before the move, making his lifting/walking/moving help almost non-existent because of the pain.
** Our movers didn't fit everything in the truck (wing-back chairs, kitchen table, lawn mower, desk chair, etc) so we left it with friends or on the curb.
** We took so long trying to load the van/Volvo with extra stuff that the battery died b/c of lights. We don't have a set of jumper cables. Borrowed them and had to jump the car in a rain storm.
** A tree blew from our neighbors' two days before the closing of our house, delaying the close and costing us a few hundred dollars (and the outdoor furniture is trapped/left behind)
** I drove down so tired I cried, screamed and wanted to die. We almost lost our closing here in SC because I opened an Ann Taylor Loft card (changing our credit). . .and Mark's phone was dead while he was driving the U-haul and he didn't help.
** Our yard is overgrown and the kids' bathroom is harvest gold.


1 comment:
Oh Emalee! What a move. I feel for you. I'm glad things are getting a bit easier. I'm so sorry it's been such a difficult time. We miss you here in MD.
Post a Comment