We spent the first half of Saturday at
Ladew Topiary Gardens about an hour north of our house. It's a 22-acre garden that transported me to Florence, Italy's Boboli Gardens from certain viewpoints. I wished LA, Randa, and Mama were there to enjoy the stunning specialized garden zones. It was a treat to have my cousin Scott, who's a skilled gardener, join us for a visit and picnic in the garden.
At our house I've been tackling poison ivy for a week to keep Mark and the kids safe. I've never gotten poison ivy in my 33 years UNTIL NOW. Wouldn't you know that I've worn long pants for three days and showered and scrubbed to avoid transmitting it to anyone. Now I've got itchy spots behind my knees. My hope is it doesn't get any worse because so far, it's tolerable.
Happy Memorial Day! Wish we were on Lake Martin like many of you might be this weekend :)
 |
| yellow garden |
 |
| topiary garden by main house |
 |
| Scott in the lily garden |
 |
| Daddy - daughter relaxing |
 |
| enjoying the frogs |
1 comment:
Thanks for thinking of me! I have a dream of taking a trip or two across the states, Canada & Europe to look at wonderful gardens, so thanks for sharing this one! The email was a great reminder to check your blog - I finally just caught up with it back to your birthday- I don't know how I got so behind! What fun to see pics & read about your happenings:). Alice & Sawyer are ADORABLE. Love y'all! xo
Post a Comment