Sunday, August 12, 2012

The kids keep me smiling


 Alice and Sawyer seem thrilled with their new surroundings. Alice has dolls, dress-up clothes, toy cars, blocks and so many things to entertain her through the day in addition to her beloved books. Sawer has more to reach for and roll after. He has moments of sitting alone and enjoyed his first taste of "people food" when I shared my banana with him at lunch today.  I'm going to wait another few weeks before diving into solids consistently.

I had surgery on Tuesday and stayed at the hospital for 24 hours. The doctor was able to accomplish her goal. I thought it was really rough and hope I don't have to go through this again. Please pray that the repair holds for decades (30% need a repeat in 11-15 years). I'm thankful that Sawyer's birth was so easy because it feels like I just had another baby - 5 months later. Strong Motrin is making the days tolerable. 
We're staying with family friends who graciously offered us more space, a helping hand and support. My mom is helping for these first two weeks. We've lined up other helpers for the following 6 weeks because I cannot pick up more than 10 pounds. It's nice for the kids to have new things here to distract from the routine change. I appreciate the flowers, meals, phone calls and emails of encouragement. This down time isn't easy. It's nice to see slight improvement in my energy already.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and the great pix, Em. I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time!!!!! But I'm so glad that you are in such great surroundings.


Much love,
Randa and Jack