June was a tough month at our house.
I expected to return to work when Sawyer was three months old and that didn't happen. Because of some complications from his birth I have strict lifting restrictions and my company couldn't find a way to accommodate during my recovery. They asked me not to come back. I was very frustrated with the way they handled things. Mark's contract architecture work in DC ended the day I was "released" from my job on June 1st. Suddenly we felt totally uncertain about where to live, work, or how to spend our days.
After praying through a few weeks with closed doors all around us God opened an exciting door for Mark. He starts work next week with a small architecture office that wants to utilize his architecture and development degrees in a leadership role. The partners invited me to meet them before Mark accepted the job to show their interest in him and how much they care about family. I'm thrilled for Mark and the certainty that comes with knowing we'll be in the Columbia, Maryland area for years to come.
I've been doing physical therapy weekly for the last two months and will have surgery in early August for a hernia-type repair. It's tough to not feel comfortable holding my kiddos. The eight weeks following surgery will definitely teach me to rely on others since I will be restricted from any lifting over 10 pounds. I'm ready to move past this trying time and get back to feeling good with energy and ability to do the things I want and need to do for me and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment