Today I ran my first Triathlon at Fort Smallwood State Park in Maryland. However, the swim portion was cancelled and replaced with a 1.5 mile run. The hurricane and flooding the last few weeks in Pennsylvania and New York made the water quality in the Chesapeake Bay 4x above safe swim levels. And the cool 46 degree morning with a brisk wind would have made the swim even more miserable. So the race was 1.5 mile run/12.5 bike/3.1 mile run. I had a good cheering section and my friend, Brian Carnahan, who motivated me to do it. So it was a good first race. I hope to do another one in the spring and hopefully I can try my hand at the swim portion.
2 comments:
congratulations! I'm so proud of you. The training and discipline it takes to achieve this feat say good things about your character.
Great pics- that's a great accomplishment- thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment